Shakespeare Express "Kinlet Hall" Passenger Set (Conventional 4-6-0 Locomotive #4936)
Contact us for availability.
Built in 1929, #4936 Kinlet Hall is one of nearly three hundred Hall-type locomotives built for Great Western Railway between the world wars. During World War II, #4936 was severely damaged when it ran directly into the crater of a bomb after a heavy Luftwaffe raid in 1941 on Plymouth Harbor. In its career, this iron horse ran over a million miles across the Great Northern Railway and British Railway networks. In 1964, Kinlet Hall was withdrawn from service, and twenty years later restoration work was begun on the locomotive. In 2000, Kinlet Hall steamed again for the first time in over 30 years. Recently, this special locomotive has been used to lead numerous excursions that run on the privatized system of Great Western railways, including the Shakespeare Express, which starts its run in Birmingham and works its way through the beautiful rural countryside to Stratfordupon- Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare. For 2008, Lionel offers the fine Kinlet Hall steam locomotive dressed in green, along with three chocolate and cream-colored passenger cars.
- #4936 Kinlet Hall 4-6-0 locomotive and tender, two passenger coaches, one brake composite car
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
- Two operating headlamps
- Operating coupler on rear of tender
- Electronic British-sounds whistle
- Powerful maintenance-free motor
- Two traction tires
- Puffing smoke
- Cab window "glass"
- Separately applied metal handrails
- Die-cast metal locomotive body
- Metal frame on tender
PASSENGER CAR FEATURES:
- Interior illumination
- Die-cast metal trucks and operating couplers
- Soft molded diaphragms between cars
- Rail Line: Great Western(UK)
- Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
- Brand: Lionel
- Most Recent Catalog: Lionel Signature Catalog 2008 Volume 1
Our pricing is in CANADIAN dollars. Please take that into account if you are comparing products from other websites that may be based in the USA and displaying US dollars. If you do the math you will find that our pricing is competitive. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss.