Burlington Northern GP9 #1706
Contact us for availability.
The versatile and venerable GP9 certainly lived up to its "General Purpose" branding. These Geeps have poked along branchlines with a local freight, raced on the high iron with priority piggybacks, and hustled commuters off to work.
Lionel brings this classic back in new road names and paint schemes ready to take any train you give them!
LEGACY™ Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY™ Control mode, in TrainMaster® Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey® II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- LEGACY RailSounds® sound system featuring:
- IR Transmitter for SensorTrack™
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
- Traction tires
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional lighting including LED headlights
- Marker lights on front and rear
- Illuminated number boards
- Lighted cab interior
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- High levels of separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures
- Rail Line: Burlington Northern
- Road Number: 1706
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Scale
- Engine Type: Diesel
- Min Curve: O31
- Dimensions: 14 1/4" Long
- Most Recent Catalog: 2015 Lionel Volume 2 Catalog
Our pricing is in CANADIAN dollars. Please take that into account if you are comparing products from other websites that may be based in the USA and displaying US dollars. If you do the math you will find that our pricing is competitive. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss.